Make Your Own Bouncy Ball
What You Need:
- ½ Cup Warm Water
- 1 Tb Borax
- 1 Tb of Cornstarch
- 2 Tb White Liquid Glue
- Food coloring
- Plastic cups
- Stir sticks
- News Paper or disposable tablecloth (Make sure to cover your work space)
- Disposable rubber gloves unless you’re not afraid to get messy 😉
What To Do:
- In a cup mix the warm water and the borax. (mix until Borax is dissolved)
- In a separate cup mix the glue, cornstarch, and food coloring. (mix until the mixture looks like melted frosting)
- Pour the glue mixture into the water-borax cup. *LET SIT IN THE WATER FOR 20 SECONDS WITHOUT STIRRING! (the ingredients need to begin reacting and forming their polymer chains)
- After the 20 seconds stir; mixture will quickly solidify and become difficult to stir.
- Remove the blob and squeeze and roll until you have a ball.
- Give it a Bounce!
Note : The balls may flatten a bit after sitting for a while. Store them in small plastic containers or a plastic bag. If they get flattened roll them between your palms again, this will bring them back to the ball shape.